Gabriella Children Rehabilitation centre (GCRC) is Non government organization located at Hai
district- Kilimanjaro region .our Vision is provision of excellent rehabilitation services for children
and youth with Autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders which affect their cognitive,
psychosocial and physical development. If you are a motivated and passionate individual who
shares our conviction that children and youth with disability should live dignified life and become
valuable contributing member of their community , we want to hear from you. Please consider
applying for the position below.
Speech And Language Pathology/Therapist
DEPARTMENT : Rehabilitation
Reports to: HEAD OF REHABILITATION DEPATMENT
Post location: HAI KILIMANJARO TANZANIA
- BSc. in Speech and Language Therapy/ Speech and Language Pathology
- Valid registration with the Association of Speech and Language Therapists from speech and
language association and other internationally recognized speech and language therapists,
pathologists, or audiologist’s professional.
- Current Practicing license from the relevant board of practice
- Proficiency in computer
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Speech and Language Therapist working with pre
and school age children in a range of settings.
- A recognised qualification and experience in delivering one or more of the following
programmes/interventions Hanen, Elklan, DLS, PCI, PECS and Makaton
- Excellent Communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Listening skills
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Responsible for the specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment of children with Speech,
Language and Communication difficulties on an individual and group basis as required
- Provision of appropriate interventions to meet the needs of children presenting with
complex and multiple communication difficulties
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan that addresses specific functional
needs of each client .
- Assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-
communication, and swallowing disorders in children, and developmental challenges .
- Communicating with the client , and liaising with their family members, therapist, and
teachers to design effective treatment.
- Help individuals who have suffered traumatic brain injuries regain or improve vocabulary
and sentence structure used in oral and written
- Tracking client progress while maintaining comprehensive treatment records and
implementing changes to therapy programs as required to provide better
- Liaise with other professionals e. nurses, surgeons, physiotherapists, occupational
therapists and care givers to design a model intervention plan according to individual
- Provide counselling and training to individuals, families and care givers on how to
reinforce the treatment plan at home or cope with communication and swallowing.
- Provide services for adult with speech disorders at the centre and in the community as
you may be directed.
- Conduct home visit/ community
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the
- Language: (Fluent) spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Qualities: dynamic team player able to work independently; excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (including MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint)
APPLICATION PROCESS AND MODE OF APPLICATIONS
All letters of interest individuals are to be type written and contain copies of Curriculum vitae,
copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and daytime telephone contact. You can submit your application through email only, Kindly use the address below:
NB: We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. GCRC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
At Gabriella children’s Rehabilitation centre we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work.
We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. The posts is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
The Executive Director,
GABRIELLA CHILDREN’S REHABILIATION CENTRE
P.O Box 9626, MOSHI, TANZANIA
Email: [email protected]
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach GCRC not later than 24 th October, 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews and follow up information.