Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Sponsorship Officer
Reports to: Sponsorship Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
The Sponsorship Officer will be responsible to manage children data for community development projects (CDPs) through designed program (ACL, APR, GML& Home Visiting) with ensuring all sponsored children accessing their basic rights according to the needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and monitoring all registered children at Community Development Project.
- Facilitate/link the communication between sponsor and a child through various reports and letters (APR, ACL & GML).
- Comply with Sponsorship updated Manual before and after implementation of the activity.
- Managing the application of Child Management System (CMS) program in all stages starting from the installation and updating.
- Maintaining and updating all children database by collecting information from the CDP/Field area and process them at the Office through CMS Program and send to International Headquarters.
- Ensure the improvement of Child Sponsorship Management by increasing submission within due date, reduction of error rate and regulating Drop Out in all activities CIF, APR, ACL & GML.
- Conduct situation Analysis before and after implementation of the activity together with cross checking children lists and share with beneficiaries
- Engaging stakeholders on the preparation of yearly Plan of Action (POA) for the easily implementation of activities in the Project.
- Timely preparation and submission of all activities plan, (Including direct service as well), necessary materials, budget and reports before and after the implementation of the activities.
- Delivering all planned direct services for all sponsored children by using the updated children lists to both CDPs.
- Comply with GNTZ Procurement Manual on the preparations of any necessary materials timely related to sponsorship activities or any if requested.
- Ensuring effectively implementation of Child Home Visiting at least once per year.
- Engaging in active participation for any activity assigned under team working within or outside the Department.
- Ensuring all children personal documents are filed and arranged accordingly.
- Sending and receiving EMS parcel from IHQ and share with colleagues.
- Building positive relationship with beneficiaries/community network through Organizing various seminars, training, meetings all the time especially during the implementation of the activity to ensure the compliance of sponsorship policies and guidelines.
- Attending all office trainings & meetings.
- Engage, supporting and updating other colleagues on the sponsorship activities where possible.
- Reporting all children who are in need of emergency services and report to Sponsorship Manager for more follow up.
- Respond effectively to sponsor queries whenever they rise.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- University degree in Social Science, Community Development and related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Project Management & Child sponsorship programmes
- Proficiency in official reports, proposals and communication skills
- Ability to work with the community at the grassroots level
- Collaboration and team building skills, problem solving skill
- Creative and Innovative
- Strategic in decision making
- Knowledge of Microsoft Offices.
- All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
- Deadline for application is not later than 20th January, 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.