Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC) is a faith based educational institution founded in 1994 for children of missionaries but has evolved into a Christian international school which has a diverse student’s population, children of missionaries and full-time Christian service workers; children of expats working in the non-profit and for-profit sector and children of Tanzanians working in the for-profit and public sectors. The institution is located in Kunduchi at the junction of Salasala Road and Bagamoyo Road in Kinondoni Municipal in Dar es Salaam and is currently inviting applications for a vacancy of a competent experienced and qualified Storekeeper.
Self-motivated, team player, adaptable and willing to learn with experience working in multicultural settings, committed evangelical Christian, fluent in both English and Swahili.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Storekeeper position in one of the key positions in organisation looking on all general and department-specific, routine and daily store activities including activities such as ordering; receiving, binning and issuing; keeping safe office stock of materials and office consumables; managing of school inventory; doing periodic stock taking and related duties as required.
- Ensure on receiving stock/materials, a Good Receiving Note(GRN) should be raised;
- Ensure that, on receiving stocks/materials all are checked for damages and discrepancies before being recorded in respective bin cards;
- Ensure all damages and discrepancies are recorded and reported immediately to the Supervisor;
- Ensure that stocks/materials are issued only with a proper authorized requisition approved by the head of the department;
- Maintain bin cards for all stocks/materials and use of GRN and Requisition Note are properly recorded on receiving and issuing respectively;
- Ensure that proper stock levels are maintained such as maximum, minimum and re-order level;
- Prepare weekly and monthly consumption report for all stocks/materials and submit the report to Supervisor;
- Prepare physical stock-taking report every month end and submit report on any discrepancy/damage found during physical verification;
- Maintain a Fixed Assets Registration for all inventories/assets in school and register immediately the newly purchased ones;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Finance Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Should be registered with National Board of Material Management and/or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply;
- Minimum of Diploma in Stores Management or Material Management;
- Minimum of 4 (Four) years of experience in Stores Management;
- Knowledge of Stock and Assets Inventory procedures.
- Computer literacy, including MS Office; e mail and material management software;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili languages;
- Good interpersonal skills; numerical skills and attention to details.
If you are confident that you match the above criteria, please send your “Application letter and CV only” by e-mail to [email protected] to arrive on/or before Monday 15th August 2022, addressed to The Director, Haven of Peace Academy, P. 0. Box 70027, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA.
- Total Jobs 37 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam