The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, World-Class Regulatory Authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the Electricity, Petroleum, Natural Gas and Water sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
Post Title: Stores cum Assistant Administrative Officer
Duty Station: Norther Zone Office – Arusha Reports to: Zonal Manager – Northern Zone
Stores Cum Assistant Administrative Officer will be responsible for proper management of stores, transport services and administrative services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure proper store management and recording of purchased goods and services.
- To handle zonal office’s store as per Authority’s financial and accounting procedures manual.
- To ensure that office is properly maintained and provided with essential services and supplies.
- To ensure zonal office tenancy lease contracts is properly managed and advices the Zonal Manager on issues related to rent and utilities payments.
- To follow up and ensure that travel arrangements are made, booked and confirmed on time.
- To supervise drivers and ensure uninterrupted provision of transport services.
- To supervise maintenance of office equipment and motor vehicles.
- To handle transport logistics, issuance of fuel and checks logbooks.
- To supervise the zonal office cleanness, courier services and staff welfare.
- To carryout out administrative and human resources management activities in the zone.
- To coordinate all corporate events in the zone such as EWURA family day, staff meeting, in house trainings and preparation of official meetings.
- Responsible for day-to-day management and handling of incoming mails, outgoing mails, storage and retrieval of records.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession of diploma in procurement, materials management, human resources management, records management or law from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Possession of Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- Must be registered by PSPTB under Procurement and Supplies Technician or Procurement and Supplies Full Technician Category.
- No prior working experience is required but possession of relevant working experience in relevant field will be an added advantage.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8th November,2019.
All electronic applications should be channelled through [email protected] while hardcopies should be physically submitted to the Director General, EWURA Headquarters in Dodoma.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, PSSSF house Makole Road,
P.O. Box 2857