ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Superintendent Environment – Closure Planning and Rehabilitation
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Environmental Manager
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To ensure that mine closure plan is updated, approved, and successfully implemented as per GGML’s objectives, policies, and standards as well legal and other requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental sciences/Engineering, or any other related field.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
AGA Standards and Legal and other Requirements:
- Implementation of AGA’s Biodiversity, Land Use and Closure Planning Management Standards.
- Drive compliance with mine closure legal and other requirements.
- Establish the necessary Closure processes and practices and oversee their implementation.
Mine Closure Plan:
- Administer and coordinate the Mine Closure Plan and update process to successful completion.
- Collect input data and update the closure liability estimates on a quarterly basis.
- Work with a demolition contractor to update demolition estimates as needed.
- Liaise with relevant department to update the infrastructure register.
Closure plan implementation and rehabilitation:
- Develop annual rehabilitation plan in line with the approved mine closure plan.
- Execute the annual rehabilitation plan within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Direct the collection and analysis of closure monitoring data.
- Manage the preparation of a closure status report with recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee the implementation of recommendations for improvement needed to achieve completion criteria, i.e., aftercare and maintenance.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Environment section regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development.
Resources and expertise:
- Provide resources and expertise to develop the closure planning and rehabilitation team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority.
Closure and rehabilitation projects:
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Closure team.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal and external Stakeholders to establish existing and changing internal, societal, and regulatory expectations and requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned by a supervisor related to business need.
A ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to drive as well as possessing a valid driving license
- Advanced excel skills for closure liability estimate updates
- Ability to effectively make a presentation to different types of audiences
- Ability to prepare and execute rehab trials
- Ability to assess and evaluate compliance with legal and other requirements
- Ability to use a range of tools including applications and software to analyze environmental data to validate accomplishment or identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to prepare comprehensive environmental reports
- Ability to coordinate environmental tasks/projects involving different internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prepare and deliver environmental presentations to different types of audiences
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Managing changes
- Managing tasks/projects to completion
- Demonstrating ethics and integrity
- Communicating effectively
- Developing, coaching, and mentoring others
- Valuing diversity and differences
- Managing effective teams and work groups
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Superintendent Environment – Closure Planning and Rehabilitation’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 25th November 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com