APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
Position Title : Supply Chain and Procurement Manager (1 position)
Reports to: Finance and Administration Director
Department: Finance and Administration
Supervisory role: Regional supply chain and Procurement Advisors (3)
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
Provide technical guidance to SAFE VMMC project supply chain management that will include but not limited to Quantification (forecasting and supply planning), Local procurement of commodities, Product selection, Importation / Product Registration, Distribution, Waste management and Quality Assurance. She/he will lead in the design, operation, and monitoring and evaluation of supply chains responsible for the provision of SAFE VMMC commodities. She/he will Work closely with National and regional project management team in developing strategies and solutions around the VMMC supply chain, including lessons learned. She/he will support the regional project management team with the improvement of supply chains for SAFE VMMC medicines, supplies and commodities at VMMC sites. She/he will support Regional VMMC supply and Procurement Manager in VMMC outreach preparation and execution.. She/he will also contribute to or write Procurement and Supply reports and other relevant documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, sciences, supply chain, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and development of systems design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supply chain systems at the country level, preferably with knowledge of VMMC or related commodities,
- Experience with quantification or supply chain management tasks related to medical equipment and other consumables required.
- Experience working with USAID, PEPFAR in assessing and designing improvements and technical guidance of VMMC or similar public health service delivery efforts will be an advantage
- Current knowledge of existing developments in the field of VMMC or related commodity procedures, equipment, and supplies at the country level desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Experience with statistic software ( Epi Info, SPSS) will be an advantage
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Deadline of Submission
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail [email protected]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.