JOB POSITION: 30 SYSTEM OPERATORS (TECHNICIANS)
REPORTS TO: GRID/OFF GRID SUBSTATION ENGINEER/SUPERVISORS
REPORTING OFFICE: GRID/OFF GRID SUBSTATIONS – SONGEA, MADABA & MAKAMBAKO
Monitoring continuous and reliable flow of electric power supply from generating plants to various places of grid destination and distribution points.
a) Collect all necessary initial technical data in the daily log sheets and defect register book.
b) Issue permits to works, limitation of access, sanction of test after proper isolation of equipment at switch yard before people start working to ensure highest safety standards are observed and maintained all the times in order to preserve life and property.
c) Maintain close liaison with National Grid Control Centre (NGCC), generating plant stations and other grid substation operators to ensure smooth operation of grid network and restoration of power supply in case of system power failure.
d) Carry out physical inspection of various equipments in substations to ensure faults and other problems are quickly detected, appropriately and timely attended so that continuity of power supply is maintained.
e) Report a day recorded shift events to system control supervisor to ensure the higher authority get informed for record and action.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Electro – Mechanical Engineering or its Equivalent from a recognized learning Institution.
- Secondary School Certificates – Form IV and/or VI
• Trade Test or its equivalent in Electrical Installation from recognized local vocational training institution
• Secondary School Certificates – Form IV and/or VI
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
2. Applicants must attach an up to date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
3. Application letters should clearly state the candidate’s name, secondary examination index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
4. Applicants must attach the following:
a) Certified copies of Ordinary Diploma certificates
b) Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates
c) Certified birth certificates
5. Applicants should indicate two reputable and referees with their reliable contacts
6. Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after engagement.
7. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
8. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
9. Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions by applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification.
10. NEVER PAY TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED. ANY CALL REQUESTING PAYMENT FOR ANY REASON IS A SCAM. IF YOU ARE REQUESTED TO MAKE PAYMENT FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CONTACT OUR COMMUNICATION OFFICE THROUGH 022-2451130/38, [email protected] OR [email protected].
11. All applications should be sent to:
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,UBUNGO P. 0 BOX 9024DAR ES SALAAM.CLOSING DATE AND TIME: 01ST JUNE, 2018 AT 5:00 PM.SOURCE: DAILY NEWS FRIDAY MAY 18, 2018