- Provide didactic and clinical mentoring for comprehensive TB/HIV services for nurses, physicians, clinical officers and other healthcare providers at local partner treatment facilities as appropriate.
- Build capacity of the HCWs in supported facilities in IPT eligibility assessment, provision and side effect monitoring.
- Build capacity to nurses and clinicians of TB within facilities so that TB notification can reach targets set by the donor
- Provide technical assistance to TB clinic staff with special emphasis on TB/HIV indicators.
- Gather, analyse and use data to plan and measure performance on TB/HIV service delivery in supported region. These data will include IPT initiation and completion rates, TB cascade analysis from CTC 2 data base and HIV testing and ART provision in TB clinics.
- Under the supervision of the TB/HIV advisor, Plan, implement and evaluate new strategies to improve TB related service delivery in supported facilities.
- Work with the TB/HIV Advisor to develop curricula for training related to the technical team’s scope of work.
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and consolidate and write reports, and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences in supported facilities and R/CHMTs.
- Participate in selected National HIV care and treatment related initiatives and ensure that National guidelines are implemented within the project in supported facilities.
- Maintain competence through clinical practice in supported facilities.
- Participate in monthly clinical meetings, case conferences, and journal clubs. Participate in abstract preparations for the project at local, national, and international conferences
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the TB/HIV advisor or relevant authorities
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Registered MD or equivalent required.
- MPH or any Master in health-related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years working in TB/HIV at the national and/or international level
- Prior experience in HIV/AIDS coordination and comprehensive activities implementation
- Current clinical practice License as Medical Officer
- Excellent knowledge of various National and World Health Organization guidelines on HIV care and treatment and, TB.
- Prior experience in capacity building, such as planning and facilitating training and providing technical assistance is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in curriculum development, clinical teaching and conducting trainings.
- Must be a computer literate with knowledge and skills in MS Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. PowerPoint. Knowledge of any Statistical data package will be an added advantage
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience.References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
- Deadline for application is 31 st July at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.