Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania in September 2019. TRCS was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963.
National Societies are recognized by the host Governments as auxiliary to the public authorities in the humanitarian field, meaning that they supplement or support the public authorities in this area. As such, they are equipped to partner with the Governments in the fulfillment of national humanitarian responsibilities.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in United Republic of Tanzania. TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Most importantly and because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Partners from UN Agencies are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA; and other partners are the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, JHPIEGOand PACT Tanzania.
If you think you meet competencies, qualified, ambitious, efficient, energetic and ready for the challenge, please apply for the following openings at Tanzania Red Cross Society.
Current existing staff and volunteers of Tanzania Red Cross Society are encouraging to apply.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor/ line manager.
- Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
|Job Title||:||TEAM LEADER|
|Duty Station||:||Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)|
|Reports to||:||Refugees Project Manager|
|Age Limit||:||Not above 55 Years.|
- Responsible for ensuring all programs comply with Tanzania Red Cross Society, MOH and donor requirements; ensure that staff adhere to all Tanzania Red Cross Society policies, Code of Conduct and ethical standards
- Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of HR functions related to staff management (hiring, training, promotion, scheduling, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training and capacity building of staff at camp levels.
- Responsible for overseeing the effective implementation of Operations and Finance functions at camps levels.
- Develop effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders, implementing partners and community leaders, including representing Tanzania Red Cross Society at health coordination meetings and communicating relevant information back to staff.
- Lead the Field Management Team in developing regional objectives and change management
- Monitor the general dynamics and context of the region and identify potential risks to service delivery and security implications; coordinate actions to mitigate risks.
- Maintain effective communication between camp and regional office, submit weekly sit-rep and regular budget analysis report, compile incident reports as required and as per TRCS policy.
- Responsible for the appropriate use of materials and assets in accordance with budget holder authority
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentor-ship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per Tanzania Red
Cross Society policy xi. Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Tanzania Red Cross Society from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field with a Master’s Degree in Project Planning and Management or Health Service Management or Public Health or Public Administration or Sociology is required.
- Registration with relevant council is required, as applicable to degree. iii) Preferred Qualification: Working experience on humanitarian sector. iv) Experience in proposal writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Ability to treat all staff and volunteer with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality and ethical service for the benefit of National Society Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy v. Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- Ability to support Tanzania Red Cross Society calling and adhere to the Tanzania Red Cross Society Code of Conduct
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office; TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’,
P.O Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
- Total Jobs 105 Jobs
- Location Arusha