ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technical Aid 2- Underground Geology
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Superintendent 1 – UG Geology
Number of Positions: Five (5)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide support and assistance to Geology Technicians in collecting geological information through mapping and Face sampling to inform development and production activities.
- Diploma in Geology or Secondary School certificate.
- Must possess Class D, Tanzanian driver’s license.
- Must possess site driving Permit.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Two years’ geology experience in the mining industry preferable Underground operations.
- At least one year driving experience onsite.
- Knowledge of underground mining, grade control geology and sampling will be added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that all geology work is undertaken in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Prepare and organize all gears required for mapping and face sampling.
- Drive geologists or technicians underground for mapping and sampling activities.
- Assist geologists or technicians to conduct underground mapping and collect face samples.
- Ensure all face samples are bagged and labelled as per QAQC standard procedure.
- To prepare sample bags, accurately completed submission forms with sample numbers and QAQC in a correct order.
- Ensure face samples are delivered to the laboratory in a timely manner.
- Make sure all sample preparations and are correctly done to avoid sample swap and any other human error.
- Ensure all QAQC procedure are adhered to as practical as possible.
- Preparation of RC sample bags and ensure they are delivered to drilling site underground.
- Inspect UG core samples and make sure are clean and well labelled.
- Participate in geological sampling at ROMPAD and core shed when required.
- Make sure UG geology light vehicles are kept in good condition by maintaining constant housekeeping.
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan
- Committed to safe work practices in the mining environment
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
- Practical, organized & logical mind – ability to plan, organize, lead and control tasks
- Enthusiastic and responsible work attitude – leads by example at all times & meets targets
- Resourceful, energetic, and proactive, candidate displays a high level of initiative & is resilient
- Physically fit to work in underground environment
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by cliking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technical Aid 2 – Underground Geology”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test, and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com