“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected.Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
|Job title:||Re-advertisement -Technical Officer TB services|
|Job grade:||Grade 5|
|Reporting to:||Senior Manager TB services|
|Location:||Tabora & Arusha|
The Technical officer TB service is a highly committed, self-motivated and result oriented individual. S/he will support council’s project coordinators and respective CHMTs to translate, coordinate and supervise implementation of EGPAF’s USAID Boresha Afya TB and TB/HIV technical area, towards effective and sustainable implementation. S/he will provide regional level technical assistance, mentorship and supervision of the EGPAF supported TB and TB collaborative activities, including designing and supporting implementation of innovative approaches to ensure high quality and integrated TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities across the supported councils, and facilities. S/he will assure an effective collaboration with various technical officers, regional project managers and Councils project coordinators, while providing guidance and technical assistance to RTLCs and DTLCs in line with the government of Tanzania (NTLP) guidelines. The Technical officer TB services will lead and advise the project office team including project managers and project coordinators on documentation and sharing of best practices in TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in their respective regions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading and coordinating TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in the region and councils including planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Take a lead in TB case finding including TB screening, linkage to diagnosis and treatment
- Supporting councils to implement quality MR D -TB services including decentralization of MDRTB services to lower level
- Support councils to Strengthen TBHIV collaborative activities at council and site levels
- Supporting councils in documentation and reporting of allTB andTBHIV indicators at council and site level
- MD or BSC Nursing from recognized University, Master’s degree will be added advantage
- At least 3 years of proven experience in program management and implementation of TB and TB/HIV programs in developing countries, including supervision and reporting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in TB and TB/HIV program management
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Creative imagination in designing interventions using Quality Improvement principles
HOW TO APPLY
- EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: March 6th 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Total Jobs 49 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam