The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-renowned Institution for teaching, research and services in the field of International Health Development. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is investing in the Health Promotion and System Strengthening Project (HPSS Project) in United Republic of Tanzania and has mandated the Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of Swiss TPH to implement the project. The project’s aim is to improve access to and utilization of health resources and services in Dodoma, Morogoro and Shinyanga regions for arriving at an effective and well governed health system. To achieve the above aim, the project has four components: Health Promotion. Health Financing. Pharmaceutical and Health Product Management, and Health Technology Management. The project is expanding its workforces and is announcing the following positions. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
1.0 Position: IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER
Reporting to: Chief Technical Services Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Level of Engagement: Full-time
Duration of engagement: One-year • renewable.
Summary of the Position
The IT Technical Support Officer (ITTSO) reports to the Chief Technical Services Officer of HPSS Project. The incumbent will be attached at the MoHCDGEC to perform his/her duties. While at the ministry he/she will work under direct supervision of the Head of ICT department. The ITTSO is responsible for developing a mobile-to-web system that will allow collection and entry of data at village level thus reducing the workload of data entry at Council level, and to provide support to the Ministry of Health, Community Development. Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) to strengthen NSMIS and thereby support successful outcomes of the National Sanitation Campaign (NSC). He/she shall be responsible and accountable for the development, regular update and implementation of the National Sanitation Management Information System (NSMIS) to ensure attainment of the Ministry and Project goals and objectives in line with the Swiss TPH mandate and approaches, to contribute to the goals of the SDC mandated project. S/he is the primary liaison between HPSS and the MoHCDGEC, counterparts, stakeholders, and partners involved and/or implementing related projects in terms of IT technical support. The ITTSO is accountable for the management of the NSMIS and to provides strategic and technical guidance, s/he will work closely and interact with Chief Technical Services Officer of HPSS, NSC National Coordinator, NSMIS National focal person, and HPSS IT System Analyst based in Dodoma.
Purpose of the position
- The primary purpose of this 12 month fixed full-time contract is to support the NSC with the design and execution of a mobile-to-web system and development of a WASH web portal. For this purpose. HPSS Project is seeking to engage a mature and skilled IT Technical Support Officer (ITTSO) with established experience and a proven track record of working to a high standard on elements set out below.
- For this purpose, the ITTSO will be placed in the MoHCDGEC to support the implementation of NSMIS and development of its mobile solutions. The ITTSO will work under the supervision of and be answerable to the Chief Technical Services Officer of HPSS Project.
- Co-lead together with the Head of Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Unit of the MoHCDGEC in the design and implementation of a web portal.
- In collaboration with the Head ICT Unit and NSC National Coordinator develop and execute a plan for implementation of NSMIS web and mobile systems.
- Under the supervision of the NSC National Coordinator to create and update data elements, data sets and indicators to feature monitoring indicators of the NSC phase II.
- Co-lead together with the ICT Unit and NSMIS Focal person the development and implementation of training of system users (NSC focal persons) during the system rollout.
- Under the guidance of the NSMIS Focal person, manage and monitor NSMIS instances (live and test instances) to ensure they are up-and-running and continuously working efficiently.
- Under the guidance of the NSMIS Focal person, perform system customization and updating whenever there is new update or release of the software.
- Under the direction and guidance of NSC Coordinator, ensure the NSMIS dashboard is up-to-date, accurately displaying current information determined by NSC Coordinator.
- Technically support the Regional and Council NSC implementing teams and their coordinators to perform regular data cleaning.
- Under the direction of the NSC National Coordinator, assign different data sets (forms) to their respective data collection points (organization units) particularly for newly established Regions and Councils.
- By the 5th day of each month, to deliver a comprehensive report on the previous month’s activities and outputs in a format agreed with the HPSS Chief Technical Services Officer and the NSC National Coordinator.
- Additional responsibilities
- Management and registration of new system users.
- Troubleshooting and fixing users’ system log-in problems and issues.
- Resetting users’ forgotten username or passwords.
- Manage user accounts, for example, changing credentials of staff who moved from one district to another.
- Create standard reports and establishing the system as per users’ requirements.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or similar qualifications from a recognised high learning institute.
- Proven high level of integrity, trust and ability to work well in a fast paced workflow
- Understands the government system both local and central especially the health department
- 2 years’ experiences of working in health Information System or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit
- Desirable but not essential knowledge in development/customization of open source application
- Desirable but not essential knowledge in android application development/customization
- Application should be accompanied with: – A well-typed CV;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates;
- Names of at least three (3) referees with reliable contacts;
- Contact address during daytime (Postal Address, Cell phone/Telephone number, Skype, e mail)
Send your application to the following address:
HR and Administration Manager,
HR and ADMINISTRATION Department,
Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project,
P.O. Box 29,
Online application via email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of application is on 26tb April, 2018 16.00 hours
Source: The Guardian April 12,2018