ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 2 – Instrumentation
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Instrumentation.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To perform installations, inspections, repair activities and calibrations of instruments in a safe manner to ensure effective and efficient plant production optimization at reasonable cost for the process plant.
- Any recognized Trade Test Grade 1 Certificate or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Technical Diploma in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or above.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
A minimum of 3 years working experience as a qualified Instrumentation Technician.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Carry out scheduled inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities on plant instruments and control system.
- Carry out unscheduled tasks related to plant instruments and control system as they occur to enable the plant to run efficiently with no downtimes.
- Carry out installation, testing and commissioning of new instruments when there is a requirement for new installations of instruments to be done.
- Test accuracy of plant instruments such as flow meters, pressure transmitters and gauges, temperature transmitters and indicators, controllers and radiation detectors or counters.
- Perform acceptable tests of new equipment and inspect the installation of new equipment and systems for conformance with plans and specifications
- Keep senior supervisor informed of progress and problems related to assigned tasks, provide status reports as required and accept priorities as assigned.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and plant control systems
- Knowledge of PLC hardware is essential
- Able to read/interpret instrumentation drawings and PID
- Troubleshooting skills is essential
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent self-organization skills
- Ability to work independently
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY below
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 2 – Instrumentation”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 20th January 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
- Total Jobs 242 Jobs
- Location Geita