INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE ((KBO/VA/2019/019)
The Telecoms Operators report directly to the Admin/Finance Officer and works collaboratively with the Security team, ICT associates and the transport unit. The positions will require working closely with Field Security especially during any security and/or other emergencies. The incumbent is therefore expected to demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills, work environment security context and communications skills, especially live notes taking. S/he will be required to be conversant with the technical manuals and UNHCR instructions concerning telecom operations and security (reporting) procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Distribute incoming messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions;
- Ensure that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted;
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted;
- Maintain a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered;
- Ensure that no unauthorised communications are exchanged on the network;
- Ensure that all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility is maintained in good working condition;
- Assist new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment;
- May perform secretarial functions, such as handling paper work on routine, matters, arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screening telephone calls, types a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, using a word processor.
- May assist in making Travel arrangements.
- Monitor CCTV system
- Activate suitable response mechanism in case of any security and/or other emergency
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completed Secondary Education with a training or Certificate in radio/telecommunications.
- 2 years previous job experience
- 2 years’ experience relevant to the function
- English language is essential for the work of the post.
- Another UN language and good knowledge of the local language is an asset.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Sound knowledge and practice of Secretarial functions
- Good Communication skills
- Basic knowledge of UN Security Management System (UNSMS).
Interested applicants should express their interest by completing UNHCR Personal History Form and the Supplementary form if needed in full. Please note that submission of the Personal History Form which is not signed may render the application ineligible for consideration. Please quote the Vacancy Notice Number and Position title.
The Expression of Interest for the position should be sent only by Email to:
UNHCR Sub Office Kibondo
Email: [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted Candidates will be required to sit for a written test.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2019
Qualified female and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.