Mini Bakeries (T) LTD producer of SUPA LOAF and BUTTER TOAST BREAD is looking for professionals to fill the positions mentioned below.
MINI BAKERIES (T) LIMITED
1. JOB/ POSITION TITLE
• Territory Sales Manager
TO BE COMPLETED BY HR
LEVEL: POSITION #
2. DEPARTMENT AND DIVISION
• Sales and Distribution
a) PERMANENT b) NEW POSITION TO BE CLASSIFIED
c) TEMPORARY d) POSITION ALREADY EXISTS
4. ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TO:
• General Manager
• Country Director
5. POSITIONS REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER:
• 10 – 15 Salesman, Turn boys, Drivers & Sales Representatives.
6. JOB SUMMARY
The ideal candidate will be appointed on a 1 year contract and will be required to achieve a set of targets set for him so as to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the sales and marketing department, he will be required to achieve the expected sales targets and safety of company property according to company policies and procedures by; • Building out our sales strategy, sales projection reports, and sales pipeline.
• Monitoring sales performance to expand our market share.
• Collaboratively coordinating with distributors and internal sales team (and thus one is required to be collaborative in nature to succeed in this coordination)
• Developing sales targets and taking responsibility for the department’s performance
7. AUTHORITIES ASSIGNED
• In charge of all the sales, marketing and distribution in the assigned territory.
8. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Business Degree in a relevant field (Sales, Marketing)
• Minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in a similar position in the FMCG industry.
• Professional qualification in a related field would be an added advantage
• Computer Literacy with knowledge in Microsoft suite and driving skills with valid driving license class A, B, C, D, & E.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
• Team management/Leadership with effective coaching skills (Emotional Intelligence, prudence, courage, conflict management, social intelligence).
• Dynamic, analytical and self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure and who has a passion for good work; a team player and an achiever in a competitive and a fast-moving working environment
• Sales management skills and master of execution – “expert Salesman”
• Adequate asset management skills
• A Hardworking, strategic-minded individual with excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation and time management skills • Creative and innovative.
• Conflict management and Problem-Solving with A high degree of integrity and strong ethics (Sound judgment, listening skills, patience to find the origin of the problem, and ability to dissect the problem to make an informed decision). • Data Analysis/Report writing skills.
• Due to the nature of the job be able to work at varying locations on odd and extra hours without extra compensation.
9. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Regular Duties
• Develop and implement the Area sales Strategy in line with the overall business strategy.
• Coordinate Sales, Marketing and distribution activities within the territory. e.g. ensure promotions are implemented effectively. • Analyzing current market data to determine the most effective sales and marketing techniques.
• Maintain solid working relationships with customers by ensuring that their needs are met and resolving complaints promptly. Attending to customer queries on company products.
• Supports the front line staff in building strong relationships with each customer by:
1. Identifying business growth opportunities.
2. Motivates & inspires sales reps to achieve results by solving problems and removing obstacles for respective territories.
3. Hands-on coach in the trade-building capability and help identify opportunities.
4. Building a vibrant, energized team through a dynamic ‘rallying’ leadership style (regular team meetings).
5. Develops great relationships within the team and organization.
• Recommends & implements Internal Controls e.g. staff attendance, budgets, and prudent use of all the allocated resources.
• Develop Account Plans and supervise key accounts within your territory.
• Business Development – expand new channels, products and markets, monitoring pipeline, modalities of increasing average sales, while observing strict deadlines.
• Obtain knowledge of competitor activities and market insights to adjust sales tactics and strategies; Identifies competitor activities and develop and implement response tactics.
• Managing and measuring daily sales targets and taking corrective action.
• Managing and Updating Customer Database.
• Route Optimization, Structuring, and Mapping.
• Monitoring and ensuring customer payments and collection of accounts are prompt.
• Monitoring the implementation of new products e.g. proposed incentives and commissions to sales teams and distributors. • Being an ambassador of our company and brands
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the management
Periodic duties and responsibilities
• Preparation of the sales sketch maps for all routes within the area of jurisdiction showing accurate details of Kilometres, location of customers and their details as well as a schedule of supply
• Prepare and submit reports for timely decision-making including but not limited to:
• Outlets Performance Data.
• Customer Complaints & resolutions of arising conflicts.
• Merchandising activities.
• Target performance.
• Competitor Analysis.
• Monthly Sales.
• Follow up on payments
• Setting team goals in alignment with business objectives.
• Ensure adequate staffing of the sales team by numbers and competence.
• Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by developing sales methodologies that persuade customers to purchase our various products.
• Opening up new routes at designated territory.
• Building an effective sales team under a designated territory.
• Prospecting-recruiting of new customers and new sales channels.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send CV only to [email protected] other documents and certificates will be required after shortlisting.
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 October 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.