Position: Theatre Nurse
Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are looking for a competent Operating room nurse to assist during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain order and cleanliness in operating room.
- Preparation of operating room with surgical equipment, sterile linens and supplies that will be needed during surgery.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Collaborating with Medical doctors and anaesthetists working in the suite regarding lists and equipment orders.
- Assist in ordering, storing and maintaining surgical equipment and supplies.
- Report damaged equipment to clinical supervisor of surgery immediately.
- Keeping the records of the consumable surgical materials used during operation of each patient.
- Maintain the patient’s medical records, including monthly surgical procedure statistics.
- Ensure checklist is available to each patient before surgery.
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned.
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Must be a registered Nurse by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Must have atleast 1 year certificate training in Theatre Techniques/Management.
- Proven experience as operating room nurse (circulating and scrub)
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of obstetric operation procedures
- Outstanding organizational ability
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to [email protected]. Application should be sent by 30th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
- Total Jobs 29 Jobs
- Location Arusha