TERMS OF REFERENCE
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: BASELINE SURVEY CONSULTANT
|To conduct baseline survey for new TLS Strategic Plan 2020-2025
|Location of the assignment
|Tanzania, United Republic Of
|Period of Assignment
|Type of contract
|Experts with a proven track record in research, monitoring, and evaluation assignments
|Deadline for submitting applications
ABOUT THE ASSIGNMENT
The call for applications invites experts to design a methodology and carry-out a baseline study that will lay a foundation for setting achievable and realistic indicator targets for each outcome and output level results in the new TLS Strategic Plan (2020 – 2025)
The Tanganyika Law Society abbreviated as TLS is a statutory professional organization established by an Act of Parliament – the Tanganyika Law Society Ordinance of 1954. Currently TLS is governed by the Tanganyika Law Society Act, Cap 307 as amended.
One of the core components of TLS statutory mandate outlined in the TLS Act, Cap 307 is to assist the Government, Judiciary and Parliament in all matters affecting legislation, and the administration and practice of the law in Tanzania. Other TLS statutory mandate include; to facilitate the acquisition of legal knowledge by members of the legal profession and others, to protect and assist the public in Tanzania in all matters touching, ancillary or incidental to the law, and to represent, protect and assist members of the legal profession in Tanzania as regards to conditions of practice and otherwise.
In line to the statutory objectives mentioned above, TLS has developed a new Strategic Plan (2020 -2025). The Strategic Plan provides TLS with a strategic direction in the next five years. It mentions the strategic objectives, anticipated outcomes and outputs to be achieved. TLS has planned to conduct a baseline study at the level of strategic objectives, intermediate results and outputs. The baseline is expected to be used for setting targets against which effect of TLS work in the next five years will be measured.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BASELINE
The objectives of this baseline survey are;
- To describe/assess the situation of the Law Society and the legal profession before or at the beginning of the implementation of new TLS Strategic Plan 2020 – 2025
- To collect baseline data relevant to outcome and output indicators outlined in the Strategic Plan Results Framework in order to establish a foundation on which change can be measured at the end of strategic plan period
- Inception reports
- Validation report o Final report
|Proven experience in conducting baseline studies and programme evaluation
|Experience in socio-legal studies
|Proficiency with qualitative and quantitative data analysis packages (including strong statistical analysis skills)
|Demonstrated experience and technical know-how with strategic planning processes
|Proven understanding of the legal profession and legal sector in Tanzania
|Proven understanding of members-based organizations
|Methodology for undertaking the baseline survey
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in the field of Law, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration or any other related field
- At least six (6) years’ experience in conducting baseline surveys and programme evaluation
- Sound understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodology is highly desirable
- The consultant should be conversant with the legal profession and members-based organizations
- Should be a citizen of Tanzania
- Non-Tanzanians interested in the assignment should comply with the immigration laws
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
To be considered for this assignment, interested consultants are invited to submit the following;
- Technical proposals clearly describing the survey methodology, sampling procedures, survey tools and work plan
- Itemized financial proposal detailing all costs to be involved in undertaking the survey assignment
- CVs of the consultant(s) highlighting their experience relevant to the assignment
- Names and contacts of three recent professional referees (previous clients) for whom similar work has been conducted.
The deadline for submission of proposals is May 29, 2020. These should be submitted over email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit our website www.tls.or.tz .
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.