Reports To: Operations Manager
Purpose of Position:
Our client is looking to hire a Transportation Officer who shall be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the transport department through the supervision of company vehicles, drivers and mechanics.
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles and other transportation assets;
- Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all vehicles and plan for regular inspection and spot checks
- Create and/or modify various systems to manage the movement of vehicles and personnel;
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc.
- Ensure sufficient supply of fuel and oil for all operating and non-operating vehicles.
- Manage fuel requests, fuel stocks (supplier agreements) and spare parts inventories;
- Produce monthly fuel and vehicle use reports, “work orders,” etc.
- Install and maintain the Vehicle Management System (VMS); ensure that data is input regularly and that required reports are produced.
- Hire, train and supervise drivers.
Drivers, conductors and mechanics
Key Working Relationships:
All staff using company vehicles
All clients and partners of the company that lease the vehicles of the company, suppliers I.e. fuel providers, service stations, spare parts suppliers
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a transport department
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics Management or equivalent
- Mechanical experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to creatively and quickly find solutions to problems
- Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
- Fluency (writing, reading, speaking) in English
- Computer experience: Windows systems, MS Word and MS Excel;
MODE OF APPLICATION