Mwiba Holdings Limited is registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212) and a leading Hospitality company with its Operations in Arusha, Meatu-Simiyu and Mara Regions. We are currently looking for Travel Specialist to be part of our Team
The Travel Specialist will be responsible for processing travel arrangements within East Africa, especially Tanzania, for both trade partners as well as direct clientele. To bring experience and guidance to an established team, and to work hand in hand to drive the continued growth of Legendary Expeditions. Also to give support to the property reservations team, and to effectively self-manage all files from start to completion.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Quoting, managing and making travel bookings including flights, transfers, as well as accommodation bookings from initial contact to completion of each file.
- Making of reservations (where required) for our properties in Tanzania.
- Ensure all quotations are followed up on a regular basis in order to ensure maximum revenue.
- Preparation of all documents and safari planners relating to each file and reconfirming all services.
- Invoicing and managing payments in line with requirements of the department.
- Ensuring proficiency in all systems and utilizing them for maximum efficiency.
- Acquiring and managing the emergency phone and duties as rotated among the team.
- Assist with and maintain an efficient administrative system within the department.
- Sourcing, leveraging and growing trade and direct client relations to yield maximum revenue results.
- Working seamlessly with the reservations, finance, operations, safaris and sales/marketing teams to ensure the continued growth and success of the respective divisions.
- Achieving targets as set out from management both on service quality and revenue generation.
- Troubleshooting and taking accountability to ensure the very best quality output and client/guest satisfaction.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in tourism/hospitality/Reservations
- Proven proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and basic Google Suite.
- Proficiency in ResRequest and/or Pink Elephant add an advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Atleast 3years’ experience in high end travel for a reputable travel company.
- Full understanding of the East & Southern African travel market, its product and logistical aspects.
- Proven success at conversion and performance as a senior travel specialist
- Informed decision making ability imperative, with a sound ability to both strategize and implement.
- Have an in depth understanding of systems and their relation to the full scale business ecosystem.
- Fully literate and numerate with the ability to perform relevant calculations, statistics, and be able to interpret basic accounts and financial statements and reports.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders, guests and staff in all situations.
- Humble, yet driven with a track record of performance.
- Team player who demonstrates the ability to build and develop successful team.
- Have the ability to work through periods of high demand and ready to work on weekends.
- A passion for the industry, have a positive attitude and the ability to think out of the box.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina to personally lead their area of responsibility.
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills.
- A meticulous degree of pride in their personal presentation.
- Be flexible in working hours and ensure coverage where/when needed.
- A highly self-motivated and self-starter.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes and copy of certificates to P & C Office (for hard copies) or via email to: [email protected]
Mwiba offers equal employment to qualified men and women and if you are not contacted by the people & Culture department within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please forward applications before 24th October 2022.