The Treasury Manager provides key support to the organization by optimizing the cash flow of the Company. He must ensure that the company has adequate credit facilities so as to finance its operations. He must also ensure that letters of credit are opened on a timely basis and foreign exchange risk is properly hedged.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Forecasts daily, weekly and monthly cash flow requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Maintains good working relationship with the local banks and handles all queries in respect of treasury issues.
- Ensures that Letters of Credit are opened on a timely basis for the purchase of fuel. Follows up each LC until fully settled.
- Works closely with the Accounts Payable Accountant and ensures that the “Payment to Suppliers” process is effectively managed.
- Ensures that all intercompany accounts are settled within agreed payment terms.
- Processes entries into the ERP for all treasury related transactions.
- Ensure that foreign exchange risk is appropriately hedged.
- Monitors and maintains credit facilities e.g. loans, guarantees, overdraft facilities in line with Company Credit Policy in coordination with the Puma Energy Treasury team.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations for all banks on a daily basis.
SKILS & COMPETENCIES:
- Seasoned professional with extensive understanding of business, knowledge of financial systems and local legislation preferably with a large company
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role. Prior experience in the banking industry would be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing a team to achieve agreed goals
- Ability to prepare and interpret complex financial reports
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills.
- Previous experience on an ERP is a must (Navision or alternatively SAP, Oracle, JDE)
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good Leadership Skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous and pays attention to details
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deliver on deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve desired results
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and ethics
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal –Local Finance Team, Regional and global treasury team, General Management, Internal Auditors
- External –Banks and External auditors