Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
To this effect, the Resident Coordinators Office will like to recruit the services of a national UNV to facilitate the UN in implementing the UN staff prevention and response to COVID-19 plan with a focus on staff welfare and safety, to support the government in coordinating resource mobilization efforts and in to engage partners in the response against COVID-19 in Zanzibar. The UNV will work directly under direct supervision of the UN Area Coordinator (UNAC) and will be responsible for the following tasks.
- Support the UN in Zanzibar in providing staff security and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic including information sharing, reporting and monitoring of staff and the provision of preventive materials necessary for staff safety and security.
- Activate the UN Area Security plan by ensuring wardens and respective personnel are informed of staff whereabouts, and the emerging COVID-19 cases within their community.
- Monitor the implementation of the UN COVID-19 contingency and response plan for Zanzibar particularly, and provide necessary assistance related to UN staff contact tracing, staff isolation, quarantine and medical evacuation.
- Support the UN led working group to document the joint UN response to COVID 19 as well as in the joint UN resource mobilization efforts.
- Any other responsibilities as required by UN Area Coordinator.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, community development or any other related field.Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, community development or any other related field.
Minimum of 3 years of professional experience. Prior experience in international organizations an asset.
• Experience with organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences and events
• Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self-motivate
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Adequate co-ordination skills
• Fluent in both verbal and written English and Kiswahili
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 08 May 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!