JOB ADVERT – ELECTRICIAN (06 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Electricians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Electrical Foreman
- All possible hazards on route and inside workplaces identified, rectified and/or reported daily when on shift.
- Zero involvement in an incident/ accident, those occurred are reported to Leader within the Shift
- Conducting safety Interactions each week
- Field Level Risk Assessment completed accurately for every task assigned
- Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily –Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- Compliance to scheduled equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- Compliance to Equipment Preventive Maintenance Schedule & work carried out accordingly daily
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- To perform team based Job Safety Analysis completed accurately for every task without a Standard Operating Procedure
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes returning used parts to stores, welding m/c, & equipment to designated areas, and spills cleaned up
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Knowledge of main consumer substations, overhead power lines, Plant air compressors6.6KV motors and starters, Mill Motors 6.6Kv, Emergency power generators, high and low voltage installations and reticulation diagrams for all Plant MCC, s and Transformers.
- Basic Knowledge of operating and switching 6.6KV power.
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on electrical drills.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Able to do Installation & commissioning of new equipment as per Company Standard Operating Procedures- Risk Assessment, Procedure, Training, Competency Assessment
- Prepare and file all required records ready for auditing at all times, electronic & hard copies
- Electrical – (FTC/IMTT / VETA GRADE ONE CERTIFICATE)
- Valid driving license is an added advantage.
- 3 Years’ experience on Voltage Switching(6.6KV)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Emergence Power Generation is an added advantage
- Total Jobs 351 Jobs
- Location Geita