Overall the successful candidate will support GPE Coordination in Zanzibar. Specifically, in consultation with the Chief of Education, Chief of Zanzibar Field Office and Education Specialist in Zanzibar the UNV will have the following specific tasks:
- Support Local Education Group (LEG) dialogue on Education Sector Plan implementation progress and challenges.
- Support government in coordination and monitoring of GPE project and addressing implementation issues by ensuring timely project implementation.
- Support government in the preparation of Joint Sector Reviews (JSRs) and facilitates JSR Aide Memoire and ensures it is shared with the Secretariat along with reports on sector implementation.
- Support coordination and monitoring implementation of ongoing GPE activities at the MoEVT and PORALGSD and ensure quality according to national standards.
- Provide support to the Monitoring and Evaluation Section of the MoEVT in the preparation of the various implementation reports including quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Engage with MoEVT, PORALGSD, and LGAs on upstream and downstream activities related to GPE implementation.
- Support capacity building of MoEVT, PORALGSD and LGAs staff on monitoring, quality reporting and development of Terms of References and concept notes.
- Provide inputs in the implementation reports and proposals as per the need.
- Other education-related duties based on the scope of work mentioned above.
Up to two years progressively, responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning and management in related field with emphasis on Education, Education in Emergencies and integrated early childhood development programs.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kiswahili(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Understanding of national and international targets (SDGs) and Zanzibar Education system
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with County-Level Government
- Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work and projects.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and to work as a team under pressure
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- Ability to work at sub-national and community levels especially
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Candidates from Zanzibar will be given priority as the duty station is in Zanzibar.
Application deadline: 18 February 2020