THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals to fill the following vacant positions:-
Job Tittle: Vector Officer (1 Position)
Reporting To: Head of Vector Control-Unit
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the NMCP on policy issues, strategic and operational planning for evidence based malaria vector control
- Provide technical assistance to the NMCP and research institutions in undertaking regular monitoring of insecticide resistance to malaria vectors in selected sentinel sites and developing an updated country database on the status of malaria vector resistance to insecticides which informs the MOHSW on the selection of appropriate insecticides to be used for malaria vector control
- Facilitate the creation of a functional and collaborative linkage with other intra & inter-Ministerial programmes & institutions notably, the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), Muhimbili University of Health, and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), Ifakara Health Institute and the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre (KCMC) etc,
- Provide technical support to the NMCP to develop and implement operational malaria vector control plans/guidelines as part of the overall national Malaria control strategy.
- Provide technical assistance to the NMCP and research institutions to monitor the performance and impact of vector control interventions with particular emphasis on:
- Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Nets (LLINs) – keep up strategy and Universal Coverage Campaigns(UCC)
- Indoor Residual House-spraying (IRS)
- Participate in programme monitoring and evaluation to ensure quality of data collection and use of information for re-planning.
- Facilitate the creation of and participate in the organization of National Malaria inter-agency co-ordination Committee meetings to provide opportunities for establishing consensus on technical and policy issues, and to sustain partner level interest in Malaria control with particular emphasis to malaria vector control.
- Submit progress reports to WR with copy to WHO Regional Office & the MOHSW Experience and Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in epidemiology or any related area with a strong quantitative or analytical component.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in epidemiology and tropical medicines
Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including drafting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English
Terms of Employment: 2.3 year Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
Details on How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please send your cover letter describing why you are the right candidate for the position, a curriculum vitae/resume detailing your experience, relevant copy of certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants. Successfully candidates should be ready to relocate to Dodoma. To find out more about these positions kindly visit www.moh.go.tz
Note: All applications should be sent on or before 12th September, 2018 to:-
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
University of Dodoma,
Faculty of Social Science in Community Development,
Building No 11, P.O Box 743,