VILLAGE MAINTENANCE FOREMAN (1 POST)
SCOPE OF ROLE
LEVEL OF WORK: III
ROLE TYPE: Individual Contributor
BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION: Singida Gold Mine, Singida Region, Tanzania
Work Schedule: 6 Weeks On/3 Weeks Off
Duration: 2 Years
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Assistant Engineer
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The aim of this role is to provide technical assistance on maintaining various electrical, mechanical and civil aspects to facilitate smooth run of various business operations at the Village and optimize equipment facilities/ assets utilization. The Village Maintenance Foreman is accountable for both electrical and mechanical facilities and equipment maintenance. The main focus areas are the kitchen facilities, domestic facilities, and appliances for village residents, plumbing works, fire systems, raw and portable water systems and sewage systems. Ensure there is an effective and consistency application of all facilities and infrastructure at the village. The role holder is accountable for proper resource utilization ensuring that works are executed at cost effective and achieving value for money.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Village Maintenance Foreman has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Safety, Health, and Environmental risk management for each infrastructure and task to be undertaken
- Conduct min risk assessment if non routine job are conducted, ensure risk awareness, hazard identification & reporting.
- Compliance to safety procedures and standards at all times.
- Ensure safe and proper tools and equipment storage
- Assist the Assistant Engineer on day to day basis on work management and executions of tasks.
- Provide technical assistance and supervisory roles to the team to execute various kitchen, office, domestic facilities and appliances; ensures facilities and infrastructure reliability add significant value to general business
- Ensure smooth run of kitchen operations, high reliability of all kitchen equipments (cookers, ovens, cold rooms, air conditioners, etc.)
- Lead the team to execute planned maintenance in place to repair or replace kitchen facilities and equipments whenever required
- Assist in the implementation of planned maintenance system for buildings (doors, windows, floor, roof, walls, ceiling, lights replacement, painting etc)
- Following clear scopes of work analyze and identify equipments need replacement or major repairs; all repairs / replacements have to be within the approved budget.
- Cost effective: ensure maintenance activities meet the budget and achieve value for money
- Install the new low voltage power supply lines, ensure its effectiveness based on business requirements and company standards, and that there is an efficient and consistency power supply to all users
- Execute planned maintenance for both power supplies to workshops, offices, mess, dewatering pumps etc.
- Ensure that there is an efficient and consistency application of all water systems(portable water, raw water, fire water and sewage systems) within the camp
- Have a regular inspection to water infrastructure and establish maintenance and replacement as required
- Ensure that there is always favorable environment for contractors to execute their tasks effectively and best quality of work is achieved as per Shanta Mining Co. Ltd standards
- Ensure that risk assessment is conducted before the job is executed by the team and as a continuous exercise, record the associated risks and control measures picked up.
- Identify and address any production risk if it’s within your scope of authority and escalate if not within scope of authority to address.
- General cost awareness and drive to reduce cost (e.g., cost saving ideas and suggestion).
- Maintain cross-functional communication with Engineering, Administration, HR and Camp contractors at all times.
- Identifying the developmental needs of among the team members and provide a practical coaching as necessary
- Ensure good time keeping for your team and take appropriate action as and when required.
- Overtime management as per Shanta Mining Co. Ltd policy.
- Assist the Assistant Engineer to identify individuals who are potential to the team and provide advice for reward and recognition
- Assist the Assistant Engineer to manage behavior within the team and ensure there is fairly treatment on disciplinary actions
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Trade Test or Full Technician Certificate in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in Projects Management.
- Worked in Mining environment for at least 3 years.
- Must have maintenance experiences and knowledge of maintaining various facilities, equipment, and water system infrastructure.
- Must have at least level 3 in Project Management skills Must have knowledge of:
- Maintenance – maintaining various facilities, equipment and water system infrastructure.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes, certificates and application cover letters addressed to the below (indicating the position title in the subject) via E -Mail: [email protected]
Human Resources Director
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 November 2022.