REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT)-VACANCIES
REACHING THE UNRECHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, non-profit Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to Support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through community-based programs and interventions”. RUT works in the community to implement public health projects in the areas of Reproductive, Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Violence against Children (VAC), Community Based Rehabilitation and Climate Change. RUT has its headquarters in Dodoma region, where currently its projects are implemented.
RUT seeks to provide young Tanzanians with a unique opportunity to take a front seat in supporting and helping local community to address public health problems, develop crucial skills and grow through volunteer positions. In line with that, RUT is about to initiate four projects in Dodoma region from June 2018 that will depend much on volunteers for implementation. To serve the purpose of such projects RUT is pleased to announce 5 volunteer positions:
POSITIONS SUMMARY: The announced positions need volunteers with strong work commitment, no any specific work experience is needed for one to qualify. A volunteer shall be aged between 18-30 years old. The opportunity will provide volunteer with exposure to hands on skills in demonstrating results and impact of evidence based interventions. Volunteer applicant should be ready to work with no payment. Applicants living in Dodoma Town are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Volunteer – Community Based Rehabilitation Officer (1 Position)
Location: Dodoma region Report to: Program Coordinator – Community Based Rehabilitation
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support in the implementation of rehabilitation activities
• To undertake assessment of the needs of people wit disability to identify their needs
• Ensure appropriate resources and support is in place, to enable the person to achieve their identified outcomes. Motivate, engage and encourage the individuals to reach their full potential.
• Plan, implement, evaluate and review rehabilitative services to the people with disability aimed at maximising and maintaining independence, safety, dignity and choice.
• Supervise and Monitor the community workers’ field activities by developing individual weekly work plan
• Contribute to the development of the service through training and informal supervision of rehabilitation assistants, support workers and others
• Maintain effective working relationships with partners implementing similar projects
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on activities implemented under the rehabilitation unit
• Represent and promote the organization in order that it can continue to work effectively for the benefit of people with disability
• Participate in concept notes and proposal development
• Contributing towards the capitalization of experience, data collection and reporting
• Support resource mobilization efforts
• Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
• The ideal candidate should have at least Diploma in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy/Rehabilitation Therapy/Social work with disability background, clinical officer, nursing or any other related field
• An understanding of the needs of people with disability
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English
• The ability to work effectively, both individually and as part of a team
• Manage a demanding workload and effectively manage time and resources
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
If you believe you meet criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please submit your application letter and CV combined in as one document describing why you are the right candidate for the position, indicate position you are applying for, and daytime telephone contact. You should also submit your academic certificates or transcripts in the same email.
All applications should be directed to Email: [email protected]
Subject line of the email should specify the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is: 8th June, 2018 at 16:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
RUT is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply.