REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT)-VACANCIES
REACHING THE UNRECHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, non-profit Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to Support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through community-based programs and interventions”. RUT works in the community to implement public health projects in the areas of Reproductive, Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Violence against Children (VAC), Community Based Rehabilitation and Climate Change. RUT has its headquarters in Dodoma region, where currently its projects are implemented.
RUT seeks to provide young Tanzanians with a unique opportunity to take a front seat in supporting and helping local community to address public health problems, develop crucial skills and grow through volunteer positions. In line with that, RUT is about to initiate four projects in Dodoma region from June 2018 that will depend much on volunteers for implementation. To serve the purpose of such projects RUT is pleased to announce 5 volunteer positions:
POSITIONS SUMMARY: The announced positions need volunteers with strong work commitment, no any specific work experience is needed for one to qualify. A volunteer shall be aged between 18-30 years old. The opportunity will provide volunteer with exposure to hands on skills in demonstrating results and impact of evidence based interventions. Volunteer applicant should be ready to work with no payment. Applicants living in Dodoma Town are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Volunteer – Field Officer (1 Position)
Location: Dodoma region Report to: Program Coordinator – Gender
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Advise RUT on programmatic strategy, including where to focus program resources and how to address programmatic challenges as they arise.
• To assist project coordinator in planning, management, implementing and monitoring of project activities.
• Create and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to Government departments at the Agency and local levels, community members, beneficiaries and local organizations
• Share with other organization staff successful methodologies for consultative approaches to grant development and implementation.
• Participate in developing grant proposals
• Develop success stories and weekly activities updates
• To supervise and manage all activities on behalf of RUT
• Conduct field visits to project implementation areas to collect needed information as identified by the project technical team
• Identifying training needs and organize trainings in gender-based violence
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
• At least Bachelor degree in Gender, Development studies, Sociology, Community development, Law, public health, Project Management, social sciences or its equivalents
• Knowledge of gender based violence
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English
• Demonstrated team-building skills
• Ability to efficiently manage time and multiple responsibilities
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
If you believe you meet criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please submit your application letter and CV combined in as one document describing why you are the right candidate for the position, indicate position you are applying for, and daytime telephone contact. You should also submit your academic certificates or transcripts in the same email.
All applications should be directed to Email: [email protected]ail.com
Subject line of the email should specify the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is: 8th June, 2018 at 16:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
RUT is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply.