REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT)-VACANCIES
REACHING THE UNRECHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, non-profit Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to Support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through community-based programs and interventions”. RUT works in the community to implement public health projects in the areas of Reproductive, Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Violence against Children (VAC), Community Based Rehabilitation and Climate Change. RUT has its headquarters in Dodoma region, where currently its projects are implemented.
RUT seeks to provide young Tanzanians with a unique opportunity to take a front seat in supporting and helping local community to address public health problems, develop crucial skills and grow through volunteer positions. In line with that, RUT is about to initiate four projects in Dodoma region from June 2018 that will depend much on volunteers for implementation. To serve the purpose of such projects RUT is pleased to announce 5 volunteer positions:
POSITIONS SUMMARY: The announced positions need volunteers with strong work commitment, no any specific work experience is needed for one to qualify. A volunteer shall be aged between 18-30 years old. The opportunity will provide volunteer with exposure to hands on skills in demonstrating results and impact of evidence based interventions. Volunteer applicant should be ready to work with no payment. Applicants living in Dodoma Town are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Volunteer – Fund raising Officer (1 Position)
Location: Dodoma region Report to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design fundraising strategies
• Identify/develop new and alternative sources of funding both in Tanzania and abroad
• Help the organization to meet annual planned fundraising target
• Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing donors
• Manage a mixed portfolio of funders to best practice standards, ensuring reporting deadlines are met, terms and conditions for grants are satisfied, grant income is collected efficiently when due and donor retention remains an ongoing priority.
• Maintain and update database of donor contacts.
• Support proposal writing for fund bidding
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
• The ideal candidate should have at least a bachelor degree in any discipline
• Good knowledge of the principles of fundraising from trusts and foundations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of social media and marketing
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• The capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Competent in IT skills including Word, Excel, Email, and databases
• Ability to produce quality reports, emails, letters, or social media messages
• Owning laptop is an added advantage
If you believe you meet criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please submit your application letter and CV combined in as one document describing why you are the right candidate for the position, indicate position you are applying for, and daytime telephone contact. You should also submit your academic certificates or transcripts in the same email.
All applications should be directed to Email: [email protected]
Subject line of the email should specify the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is: 8th June, 2018 at 16:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
RUT is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply.