MANLUKU YOUTH DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES – TANZANIA (MYDIA-TZ) EXPERIENCED VOLUNTEER GRANTS RESEARCHERS & WRITTERS
No. of posts: 3 (1 for Education, 1 for Livelihoods and 1 for Health programs)
Reports to: Head of Programs
Application Deadline: 21st February 2023
Type of Contract: Part time Volunteer, 5 – 10 Hours per week
Starting Date: March 2023
Salary: Un-paid volunteer, only communications airtime.
Who are we?
Mydia-tz is a non-for profit, Non-Governmental Organization aiming at providing opportunities that empowers young people to create positive change through Education, Livelihoods and Health in Tanzania. Our main goal is enhancing and promoting good living standards to youth in Tanzania.
Our Mission: Bringing together initiatives to enhance youth through promotion of quality & inclusive education, health (WASH, SRHRs) and livelihoods for sustainable development, and ensure that the voice of young people are heard across decision-making platforms.
Our Volunteering Opportunities
Mydia-tz capitalizes on the role of human capital in attaining its goals, same as every nation does in order to attain real development. At Mydia-tz, every effort contributed by every person is heart fully appreciated. We are now inviting applications for volunteer Grants researchers & writers’ role from qualified and experienced people to work for Mydia-tz. Preferred qualifications are in the field of Education, Economics and Public health or related fields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Map and inform the organization about prospective donors, in particular institutions and foundations through searching for appropriate grant opportunities and call for proposals that are in-line with Mydia-tz objectives.
- Identify and research grant funding opportunities.
- Write, submit and manage grant proposals under the direction of the Head of programs or Executive director.
- Report on all opportunities applied for and status.
- Cultivate and secure local, state, and federal grants and other additional government funding.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as directed from time to time, provided they are broadly similar to duties normally performed by the post holder.
- Creating an organized matrix of grant information, including:
- Grant requirements
- Amount of funding offered.
- Contact info (if provided)
Qualifications and Competencies/Attributes
The volunteer is expected to have, but not limited to the following qualities;
- Good Project and Grants management skills, including concept note/proposal development, Logical frame works development, Budget development etc.
- Good writing skills, time manager and Excellent attention to details iii. Computer literacy, expert on Ms. applications especially word and Excel iv. Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team building, organizational and communication skills (written and oral).
- Innovative, flexible, disciplined, goal-oriented and willing to learn.
- Ability to learn quickly, deliver results, meet deadlines, and manage time effectively under pressure, well-organized.
Required Experience Education:
University Degree in Economics, Education, Public health, Project Management or other related fields.
- Proven track-record of searching and mapping for donors, grant opportunities and respond to call for proposals.
- At least two-years previous volunteer experience within a similar position, preferably working with NGOs.
- Experience of fundraising and proposal writing from institutions and foundations writing, desirable.
- Experience of grant and contract management, desirable.
This is a volunteer role, and successfully candidates will work remotely/online. The office will only offer monthly communication allowance to connect you with internet and other phone calls.
Note: Mydia-tz is a small organization and works with different stakeholders on voluntary bases. While we value our tireless efforts provided by our volunteers, Mydia-tz is un-able to pay for salaries nor allowances due to budgetary constraints, unless for a staff working specifically on a funded project.
Preference will be given to applicants who have experience/skills on grants researching and proposal writing.
Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
MANLUKU YOUTH DEVELOPMEMNT INTIATIVES – TANZANIA (Mydia-tz)
P.O. Box 416
Kasulu, Kigoma – Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Send your application before or by 21sh February 2023.
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Location Kigoma