Ashoka Fellows are leading social entrepreneurs that have been taken through a rigorous selection process, testing the quality of their ideas and character, to become part of the Ashoka Fellowship and Network. Ashoka Fellows take on the challenges of building innovative system change ideas to make and spread social impact in a world wrought with challenges. They refuse to let the ‘impossible’ stand in their way to creating a better world.
This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity
About The Affiliated Organization
Jambo Bukoba is a NGO, founded in Germany in 2008, and works in collaboration with Tanzanian local government. Jambo Bukoba supports children and young people in Kagera, Tanzania, by teaching them about the prevention of HIV, by encouraging equal opportunities for girls and by helping to improve the quality of education. We create a framework for teaching sport and the development of children through games, because we believe that sport is the best means of making children and young people strong and healthy so that they can cope with the harsh realities of daily life and so that they learn to behave responsibly towards themselves and others as a preparation for life
Here’s your chance to work with Jambo Bukoba!
For more information, please visit: https://www.jambobukoba.com/en/
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures in primary schools;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project out-put;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the project management (Germany, Tanzania)
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system, develop indica-tors and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management (Germany, Tanzania);
- Participate in annual project reviews (evaluation meeting) and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required
Estimated hours required per week: 48
The estimated duration of the project is: Ongoing
This position is On-site in Bukoba Tanzania
The office can provide amenities to volunteers such as: Housing, Internet, Local travel expenses, Office space
Desired Skills And Experience
- University Degree preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Community Development or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the operating with Microsoft Office software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software; SPSS, STATA
- Strong facilitation skills.