REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT)-VACANCIES
REACHING THE UNRECHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, non-profit Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to Support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through community-based programs and interventions”. RUT works in the community to implement public health projects in the areas of Reproductive, Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Violence against Children (VAC), Community Based Rehabilitation and Climate Change. RUT has its headquarters in Dodoma region, where currently its projects are implemented.
RUT seeks to provide young Tanzanians with a unique opportunity to take a front seat in supporting and helping local community to address public health problems, develop crucial skills and grow through volunteer positions. In line with that, RUT is about to initiate four projects in Dodoma region from June 2018 that will depend much on volunteers for implementation. To serve the purpose of such projects RUT is pleased to announce 5 volunteer positions:
POSITIONS SUMMARY: The announced positions need volunteers with strong work commitment, no any specific work experience is needed for one to qualify. A volunteer shall be aged between 18-30 years old. The opportunity will provide volunteer with exposure to hands on skills in demonstrating results and impact of evidence based interventions. Volunteer applicant should be ready to work with no payment. Applicants living in Dodoma Town are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Volunteer – Nutrition Officer (1 Position)
Location: Dodoma region Report to: Nutrition Program Coordinator
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct nutrition counselling to community members
• Attending meetings and conferences
• Work with program coordinator to document and share progress and achievements of the nutrition programs in the region
• Provide technical input on nutrition content in proposal development
• Identify and train community health workers to support project activities
• Support the design of nutrition sensitization campaigns
• Create awareness on the importance of good nutrition practices on children and family health
• Perform other duties as and when delegated by the project coordinator
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
• At least bachelor Degree in Family and Consumer Studies, Human Nutrition, Public Health and any other related fields
• Ability to address behaviour change issues in improving household nutrition status
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• knowledge of nutrition and MCH
If you believe you meet criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please submit your application letter and CV combined in as one document describing why you are the right candidate for the position, indicate position you are applying for, and daytime telephone contact. You should also submit your academic certificates or transcripts in the same email.
All applications should be directed to Email: [email protected]
Subject line of the email should specify the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is: 8th June, 2018 at 16:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
RUT is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply.