Job Description :
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Serengeti Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Uhuru Peak, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
- Making requests for milled grain in time and others as will be assigned Follow-up for the deliveries of goods from sites/suppliers as requested
- Preparing weekly reports for all requests made and share to all HODs To receive and issue raw materials, packing materials, POS and Gases received at the site and must be posted on daily basis.
- To check materials being received against documentation to ensure they match against the SBL order and report for any deviations noticed.
- To ensure proper materials handling and storage, always kept clean with no tripping hazards.
- To inspect, receive and issue, packing materials, enzymes, at storage area.
- To conduct periodic stock takes as required for all the packing and raw materials at the site.
- To generate weekly reports for raw materials for eventual sign off against SAP quantity snips and aging report Identify obsolete/redundant and dormant or aged stocks and inform the line manager timely.
- Supervise casuals on materials receipts or issues to ensure they are working safely and doing it right from start to end.
- Ensure incoming trucks have all necessary safety gears and used at times of offloading.
- To ensure stickers for release, on hold, rejected are attached on every consignment delivered with all COA in place with obsolete materials demarcated.
- Ensure MINIMAX for all stocks is timely maintained to avoid stock out and overstocking and do reorder levels timely.
- Real time material posting in SAP without delay for both receipt and issue.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognised technical college.
- Two years of working experience.
- Knowledge on excel
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems, preferably SAP.