Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy and reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
To manage inbound and outbound inventory operations for SBL products (Raw Materials, packaging materials, Point of Sale (POS)) for a specific warehouse as might be assigned. This is to be done efficiently, safely and cost effectively.
TOP 3-5 accountabilities
- Execution of inbound and outbound activities on daily basis – timely and accurate postings of materials
- Execution of Material Requirement Plans (MRP) to ensure appropriate Warehouse Utilization.
- Stock reconciliations: Perform stock reconciliation for finished goods, empties and raw materials
- Inventory Management: Carryout Weekly counts, Monthly and Annual stock takes and variance analysis, Track inventory levels, Track stock aging, Innovations and SLOBs plus relaying information back to PLAN.
- Performance Management reviews: Lead Shift based and Daily performance reviews (Meetings, KPIs, Walkabouts, action tracking and escalations to the Warehouse Manager for both Diageo and 3PL for improvements and implementation of initiatives.
- Controls: Ensure that the warehouse (owned or leased) meets Diageo’s HSE standards, Optimize lighting, signage, security, warehouse racks and layout configuration ways of brewing, CARM, IAA, ISOs and SFIPP.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
A minimum of Bachelor degree in relevant field
A minimum of 3 years working experience in a related, operations or inventory management role.
Computer literate and ability to work under agreed timelines and priorities.
Good Communicator, commercially acumen and able to adapt to a fast-changing operations environment.