The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent. World class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Posted by Mabumbe.
- Post Title : Water Engineer – 3 Posts
- Duty Station : 1 EWURA Head Office- Dodoma/ 2 Zone Offices
- Reports to : Senior Water Engineer
Water Engineer will provide support, coordination and j monitoring of technical and commercial matters of the regulated sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To organize and prepare meetings and discussions related to issuance and review of licences and setting and reviewing tariffs and prices for water supply and sanitation services;
- To prepare time-based reports on water supply and sanitation services;
- To assist in following-up demand-supply dynamics of water supply and sanitation services nationally and internationally;
- To provide basic inputs to process of initiating designing of effective business models for improving quality of service delivery of water supply and sanitation services;
- To follow up on customer experience in respect of services provided in view of water supply and sanitation services;
- To receive and record complaints of stakeholders of water supply and sanitation services; and
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Possession of BSc. In (Environmental Engineering. Civil and Water Resources Management Engineering. Municipal and Industrial Services Engineering) from a recognized University.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer.
- No prior work experience is required but possession of work experience in related fields will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage. achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under mentioned by 09th August ,2019.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA