The Mtwara Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA) is a legally established entity responsible for overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Mtwara Municipality. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Mtwara Municipal. In order to attain its vision and mission, MTUWASA is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following vacant posts: Posted by Mabumbe.
Position : Water Network Technician II (1 Post)
Reports to: Technical Manager
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Civil /Water supply and Sanitation
- Engineering, from any recognized Technical Institution.
- Working experience in similar position is an added advantage
- Age limits: Not above 45 years old
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly attending all pipes bursts and water leaks as they occur and ensuring that all pipe breakdowns are repaired promptly.
- Finding the causes for water loses and recommending necessary rectification to ensure the amount of water loss is reduced to an acceptable standard.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records/data of daily break down of water distribution system and repaired breakdowns, leaks/bursts
- Making critical analysis and assessment of records/data of breakdown, leaks and repairs and recommend the necessary measure to be taken to improve the system efficiency.
- Assessing the situation of water distribution system and recommending on replacement needs of parts of the system with frequent breakdown with/or dilapidated.
Mode of application:
- All applicants must be Citizen of Tanzania and not above 45 years old.
- Applicants must attach an up – to – date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address and email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this Advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detail relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Diploma/CbET Certificates/Trade Test Certificate, Form IV and Form VI National Certificates, Computer Certificate, Professional certificates from respective boards.
- Form IV and Form VI Results Slips are strictly not accepted.
- Testimonials, partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted. “
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies of academic certificates and applicant’s birth certificate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
- Women who have required qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only applicants who meet required qualifications will be contacted and considered for an Interview.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned as registered mails by postal office, EMS, so as to reach the undersigned not later than 30th August, 2019 at 17:00.
MTWARA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
INDUSTRIAL AREA: P.O. Box 141,