NJUWASA is an expanding autonomous entity which is responsible for supplying clean Water and Sanitation services for Njombe Township.
The Authority is looking for competent, Dynamic, Energetic, Committed, Experienced and qualified Tanzanians who are capable of embracing and driving changes in NJUWASA to fill the following vacant posts.
JOB TITLE: WATER PUMP OPERATOR – 1 POST
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF WATER PRODUCTION SECTION SALARY SCALE: NWAS – A (1 -2)
Qualification and Mode of Entry
By selection through an interview to a candidate who has a Certificate of
Secondary Education with passes in either Mathematics or Physics and
English/Kiswahili with at least two (2)years working experience.
Possession of Certificate of Competence Level three/Trade Test Certificate
Grade one in Water Pumps Mechanics/ Motor Mechanics/Heavy Duty
Electrical Mechanics from The Vocational Education Training Authority
(VETA) of Tanzania or any other registered/recognized vocational college.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates the water pumps system and monitors pumping operations as according to operation manual, guidelines and other instructions given by his/her superior. Generates related reports. Ensures that water pump/electrical systems and water levels are adequate to meet system demand and fire protection.
- To carry out minor repair and adjustment on pumps, motor and electrical system entrusted to him/her.
- Inspects pumping station and Intakes sites for authorized entry, vandalism, leaks around structures and potential hazards on grounds. Performs routine cleaning and grounds maintenance activities at water pump stations.
- Monitors the security of pump stations, intake structures, rising water main and elevated storage tanks.
- Responds to calls from his superior and/or other internal departments regardingWater related issues or problems.
- Responds to after hour and emergency situations.
- Assist the Water Laboratory Technician in water chlorination process at his/her pumping stations to ensure safe drinking water throughout the Njombe Town.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Water production section.
Remuneration is in accordance with NJUWASA Salary structure and incentive packages
MODE OF APPLICATION
A hand-written application letter should be accompanied with Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of relevant Education Certificates, Birth Certificate together with one passport size photograph (on his/her CV), and three names of referees with their contacts and post addresses. Result Slip, Transcript and leaving certificate will not be accepted.
The qualified candidates should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria to the under mentioned address not later than lOth November, 2018.
Age limit for all positions is forty (40) years.
The Managing Director,
Njombe Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.