Sumbawanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SUWASA) is an autonomous Water Supply organization mandated to provide Water and Sanitation Services within the urban area of Sumbawanga. It was established in January 1998 under Act No. 8 of 1997, repealed by Act No. 5 of 2019. SUWASA is advertising four vacant posts, WATER PRODUCTION ENGINEER II, WATER LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II, ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN II and METER READER II for which suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply.
WATER PUMP OPERATOR GRADE II – SUWAS B
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of Form IV with Trade Test grade I/II in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/Pump Engineering, Government recognized and a reputable Institution and must be computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Operate the water pumps according to agreed schedules and ensures that the right quantity of water is pumped from the storage tanks;
- Monitor water level in the storage water tanks;
- Carry out service and maintenance of water pumps, dosing pumps, water filters and gate valves;
- Monitor availability of electricity and record on electricity power failure;
- Ensure that the required dosage of chlorine/chemicals is administered according to the required standards;
- Ensure cleanliness of water pumps, pump house dam and surroundings;
- Maintain records of plants and pump performance and reports any breakdowns immediately;
- Record the amount of pumped water at established time intervals;
- Make meter reading of electricity consumption at established time intervals;
- Record pressure gauge performance at established intervals;
- Make rain gauge readings at established time intervals;
- Keep in safe custody water treatment chemicals and reagents;
- Advise on the stock level of chemicals; and
- Perform any other duties related to the above assigned by supervisor.
Age: Not above 35
HOW TO APPLY
The qualified applicants should submit their hand written letters of application to the undersigned stating how they meet the advertised criteria, attaching certified copies of relevant academic certificates. Up-to-date detailed CV showing three reputable referees not later than 18th February 2020. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Women and Disabled are highly encouraged to apply.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
SUMBAWANGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Location Rukwa