Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this,
it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges. The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – KAGERA on behalf of Chief Executive Officer, TANROADS, seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizen to fill the following vacant posts on contracts terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
1.3: JOB TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE CASHIER – (2 POSTS)
A. Key qualifications
1. Education Qualification is a Holder of Diploma in Accountancy;
2. Must be Computer literate (At least Advance Certificate in Computer Application
from a recognized institution);
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English languages;
4. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
5. Age limit is not above 35 years.
6. At least 3 (Three) years work experience in the same field from reputable organization.
B. Duties and Responsibilities of the Cashier
1. Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
Collecting and banking all Weighbridge charges (fees) according to weighbridge report form;
Seeking current USD exchange rates issued by Bank of Tanzania for case of
imposing charges that are equivalent to Tanzania Shilling;
Filling all records timely;
Maintaining asset register;
Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
Reporting all matters to the Shift In-charge;
Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Accounts and Administration / Regional Manager.
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional
certificates, together with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses. The application should reach to the addressee mentioned
below not later than 12th October, 2018 at 16:30pm Hrs.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: