Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges scales.
The Regional Manager TANROADS Singida on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer TANROADS is looking for suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill vacant positions available for Weighbridge Shift In charges, Weighbridge Operators, Sociologist, Accounts Assistants, Driver and Office Assistant as follows;
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDE OPERATOR – (3 POSTS)
Scope of Position
The successful candidate should be ready to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
- Holders of Ordinary Diploma or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Automobile Engineering from a recognized Higher Learning Institution/Colleges;
- Age: Not above 35 years;
- Must be computer literate; and
- Must be fluent in English and Swahili languages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To carry out activities as described in the East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act, 2016 and its Regulations, 2017. The activities include the following;
- To weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross vehicle weight (GVW) > 3,500Kg on our Public Roads;
- To impose road damage fee on the spot if the Vehicle is found overloaded;
- To measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicles;
- To record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- To ascertain compliance to the abnormal permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge In-Charge for appropriate action;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed; and
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the position, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and with high degree of integrity.
- The applicant must be a Tanzania Citizen.
- Age: Not above 45 years.
- Applicants must attach an up-to- date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e., postal address, e-mails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be certified by TCU, NACTE, or NECTA
- Deadline for submission of application is 16th December, 2022.
- Application letters should be written in English Language.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms; renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- The salaries for the post will be according to TANROADS Scales.
Means of Applications
Please send your handwritten application letter, academic and birth certificates as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (C.V) to the address shown below. Your application must be submitted not later than 16th December, 2022.
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 6,
Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for Interview.