Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges. The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – KAGERA on behalf of Chief Executive Officer, TANROADS, seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizen to fill the following vacant posts on contracts terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
1.2: JOB TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR – (4 POSTS)
A. Key qualifications
1. Education Qualification is a Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Civil, Highway, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
2. Must be Computer literate (At least Advance Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution);
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English languages;
4. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
5. Age limit is not above 35 years.
B Duties and Responsibilities
The holder of this post who reports to Shift In-charge will be responsible for:
1. Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
2. Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
Weighing Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or noncompliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advice;
Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In-charge;
Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge / Regional Manager.
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional
certificates, together with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses. The application should reach to the addressee mentioned
below not later than 12th October, 2018 at 16:30pm Hrs.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: