Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges scales.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager, TANROADS Kilimanjaro seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacancies at its Himo Weighbridge Station and Regional Manager’s Office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill various vacancies in the region on Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance) as follows;
POSITION TITLE: Weighbridge OPERATOR – (1 POST)
Scope of Position
Successful applicants must be ready to work on shift including Weekends and Public Holiday. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time with minimum supervision.
Summary of the Position:
- Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices.
- Holder of Ordinary Diploma or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Automobile Engineering from a recognized Higher Learning Institution/ Colleges
- Age: Not above 35 years
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Carrying out activities as described in the East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act, 2016 and its Regulations, 2017. The activities include the following:
- To weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross vehicle weight (GVW) > 3,500Kg on our Public Roads,
- To impose road damage fee on the spot if the Vehicle is found overloaded,
- To measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicles,
- To record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed
- To ascertain compliance to the abnormal permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge In- Charge for appropriate action
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Any Tanzanian citizens who meet the conditions and requirements of this advertisement are invited to apply.
- Any person with unresolved criminal offences is not eligible and therefore should not apply.
- All applicants should enclose updated CV with three names of referees and their day time telephone contacts.
- Testimonials, Partial Transcripts and Result Slips shall not be accepted.
- Presentation of forged Academic Certificates and other information in the Curriculum Vitae (CV) shall necessitate to legal actions.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be authenticated by the NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Mode of Application:
Please send your handwritten application letter, academic and birth certificates as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (C.V) to the address shown below. Your application must be submitted not later than 31st January, 2022 at 16:30 hours.
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
Ujenzi Buildings, Old Moshi Road,
P.O. Box 3051,
MOSHI – KILIMANJARO.
Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for Interview.