Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges. The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – KAGERA on behalf of Chief Executive Officer, TANROADS, seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizen to fill the following vacant posts on contracts terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
1.1. JOB TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE SHIFT INCHARGE – (2 POSTS)
A. Key qualifications
1. Holder of First Degree in any profession (Higher qualification will be advantageous),
2. Must be Computer literate (At least Advance Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution);
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English languages;
4. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
5. Between 35 and 40 years of age.
B. Duties and Responsibilities.
The shift In-charge who reports to the Regional Manager will be responsible for:
1. Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
2. Supervising shift activities that among others including:
Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional manager;
Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager;
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional
certificates, together with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses. The application should reach to the addressee mentioned
below not later than 12th October, 2018 at 16:30pm Hrs.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: