JOB TITLE: Workshop Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Workshop and Plant Hire
REPORTING LEVEL: EC/WORKSHOP MANAGER &
OTHER APPROPRIATE MANAGER
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POST
- The workshop supervisor will be responsible for the day to day safety and efficient running of the workshop by managing, organizing and controlling an efficient running workshop including the management of technicians and drivers.
- To arrange for preventive maintenance of a fleet of vehicle and trailers, service schedule for all vehicle and heavy equipment.
- To meet the company needs in ensuring a high quality, cost effective and technical service is provided to support the workshop
- To establish, implement and monitor safe working practices and procedures for all technician and drivers
- Preform and record routine safety inspections on all equipment’s and sites and ensure the fleet conforms to all safety and health regulation to minimize any danger or accidents
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by workshop manager particularly sending daily and weekly report of the workshop activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Automotive Engineering.
- Extensive experience in Heavy Equipment and Managerial skill.
- General knowledge of Mechanical machines like drill rigs and crushers
- Must be able to solve issues and evaluate problems, basic computer literacy, machine welding and tooling, assembly , design software systems
- A very good knowledge on Hydraulics (qualification)
- Automotive/Mechanical engineers with five to ten years of experience
MODE OF APPLICATION
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including email address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of academic and professional certificates, a copy of a nation ID or passport showing date of birth, two recent passport size and names and contact of three referees should be submitted by 10th August, 2018 to
The Human Resource Officer
PMM Estates (2001) Ltd
Nyerere road, next to CFAO Motors
P.0 BOX 33790 Dar es salaam
Email: [email protected]