Mini Bakeries (T) LTD producer of SUPA LOAF and BUTTER TOAST BREAD is looking for professionals to fill the positions mentioned below.
JOB/ POSITION TITLE
• Workshop Manager
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TO:
• General Manager
• Country Director
POSITIONS REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER:
Technicians, Artisans, Drivers, machine operators & Transport Officers
• We are a Bakery in the manufacturing industry looking for a hands-on professional who will be actively involved in all maintenance works to ensure that all the company vehicles mechanical equipment and machinery operate effectively and efficiently, by aligning the workshop activities with the expansion of the company by designing and achieving short-term and long-term machinery needs while ensuring zero accidents in the workshop
• In charge of all technical and administrative functions in the workshop.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Preferred age between 37 – 45 years with a minimum of 5 – 8 years of work experience in maintenance of 1.5 – 7 tons vehicles mostly Mitsubishi, Tata and Hyundai models in a bakery/food manufacturing industry.
• Good knowledge of Bakery related equipment including ovens, spirals, mixers, slicers etc.
• ERB Registration will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fleet management software is preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
• Driving skills and holder of a valid driving license class A, B, C, D, & E.
• Strong understanding of vehicles, bakery electrical and bakery machinery Maintenance processes.
• Strong conflict management, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels, being self-directed and motivated.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate business needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• Time, Resources and People management skills.
• Goal setting, Planning & organization skills.
• Accurate listening, Assertive and Decision making. • Integrity and Accountability
• Be flexible and ready to work anywhere in Tanzania and as required to work at odd and extra hours without extra compensation.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop plans, methods, and tools for maintenance of vehicles, machinery and mechanically functioning equipment.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment.
• Determines staffing, financial, material and other short and long-term workshop needs.
• Assures machinery and equipment quality by confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Facilitate the compliance of mechanical S.O.Ps and processes and development where necessary in accordance with government regulations.
• Training and guiding machinery and equipment technicians and operators.
• Installation, monitoring and decommissioning of plant and mechanical systems and equipment.
• Ensuring critical and consumable spare parts are available in the store by liaising with the finance department on the orders placed and maintaining a minimum stock level for spare parts.
• Collect data for analysis to uncover areas for improvements and innovation.
• Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services while liaising with manufacturers and distributors for parts.
• Be able to distinguish genuine & non-genuine parts and machinery.
• Be able to interpret parts catalogues and technical literature.
• Be able to outsource jobs we cannot handle as well as follow up and inspection to the external workshops.
• Monitor inspection of dismantled parts for the cause of wear.
• Monitor ongoing floor activities and guide employees & subcontractors on good workmanship.
• Monitor good workmanship on vehicles, machinery, buildings and fabrication works.
• Minimize downtime and repair time for vehicles, machinery and equipment.
Periodic duties and responsibilities
• Setting team goals in alignment with business objectives.
• Provide on-the-job mentoring and Identify training programs & developmental interventions to enable higher performance.
• Conduct regular performance reviews and give timely feedback.
• Ensure adequate staffing of the team with respect to numbers and competence.
• Provide daily, weekly, quarterly, monthly, and annual reports on maintenance cost, mileage, fuel, repair cost, suppliers, unit costs of spares and any other reports that may be required from time to time.
• Establish and coding system for all plants and machinery and maintain a register. Prepare daily weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports on maintenance costs for each item of plant and machinery • Other related duties may be set by the directors from time to time.
• Continually meeting or exceeding targets.
• Building an effective workshop team.
• Effective reduction of vehicles, machinery and mechanical equipment downtime.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send CV only to email@example.com other documents and certificates will be required after shortlisting.
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 October 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.