Tanzania’s leading provider of prepaid, postpaid mobile, Internet services & Mobile Money.
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for a Zonal Business Manager – Dar 1. The role reports to the Sales & Distribution Director. He/She will be responsible to increase the customer market share (CMS) and Revenue market share (RMS) for both prepaid and post paid with higher incremental market share through supervision and coordination with the areas sales representatives ASR to be the uncontested market leader in the allocated zone.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1. Meeting, the budgeted sales targets;
- Ensuring right width of channel at respective location and subsequent infrastructure that includes EVD Selling outlets
Appoint and Recommend to ZBM new distributors as per set targets
2. Enhance the CMS and RMS by maximizing Incremental market share both in prepaid and postpaid.
- Maximizing the retail business share.
3. Maximizing the incremental market share
- Ensuring right mix of width and depth of distribution. Variable trade loads to suit different market needs.
4. Business roll out planning & Site Launches.
- Manage, monitor and supervise Site Launches
- New town launch with perfection, adequate emphasis on retail and distribution mix
5.Providing MI to superiors in process of network improvement and competition activities
- To have effective market intelligence both on competition and Self
- Ensuring that distributors are following stock & market servicing guidelines
- Manage, monitor, and supervise all staffs reporting to him/her in the zone
- Provide requisite functional and soft skills training to team members and develop them by monitoring their performance periodically
- Ensure all Functions work as team and encourage ideas, opinions
- Maintain good relationship with distributors and retailers.
- Setting territory targets for BDC’s and distributors
- Receiving, analyze and disseminate performance reports (Daily, weekly, and monthly) – EVD, Connections & Airtel Money
- Identify new coverage areas and provide recommendation for coverage
- Ensure full support to distributors (Training, POS, 170 access, POS materials, T-shirts) etc
Academic and Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or Equivalent graduate degree in business
- MBA is an added advantage
- 7-8 years of relevant experience in handling channel sales from Telecoms & FMCG
- Excellent knowledge of channel, indirect sales, direct sales, and selling skills
- IT Literacy
Competencies and Behavior:
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good organizational and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by clicking the apply link.
The deadline for the Application is 5:00 PM on 14th October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need