Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) Online Application Form | Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) admission procedure
Kenya Methodist University is a chartered Christian university, with the main campus situated in Meru and campuses at Nairobi and Mombasa. KeMU offers PHD, masters, undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate programmes.
Kenya Methodist University is the product of a long process of educational planning and development envisioned, proposed and facilitated by the Methodist Church in Kenya. Its conception was brought about by an idea to set up an institution that would respond to the needs of ordinary Kenyans as well as answer to the areas on demand in the market that would encourage communities to develop.
- 1986 – A vision to establish a university by the Methodist Church is announced
- 1987 – A working committee is formed to study the possibility of establishing a Methodist University.
- 1991 – The trust deed for the establishment of the proposed university is drawn
- 1992 – The draft proposal is completed and approved by the commission of higher education.
- 1995 – Professor Mutuma Mugambi was appointed the pioneer principal of the proposed university.
In July 1997 the university was officially authorized to operate as a private university through a letter of interim authority from the commission of higher education. Subsequently, the pioneer group of students was admitted in September 1997.
KeMU’s accreditation began in June 1989 when the working committee submitted the first draft of the proposal to the Commission of Higher Education. The interactions between the commission and the Kenya Methodist University were characterized by discussions and inspections by the commission’s specialist committees. This led to the award of charter in June 28th 2006 by His Excellency president Mwai Kibaki.
The award of charter made KeMU the seventh private university to be accorded full accreditation status in Kenya and marked an important milestone in the history of university education in Kenya.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Undergraduate Programmes: KCSE C+ (plus) or equivalent qualifications
- Postgraduates Programmes: Masters: At least a Bachelor’s degree; 2ndclass (upper division) or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Diploma Programmes: KCSE C (plain) or its equivalent qualifications
- Certificate Programmes: KCSE C- (minus) or its equivalent qualifications
Find Below Downloadable Application Form
For more information Visit http://www.kemu.ac.ke/
READ ALSO: Jobs in Kenya