Search and apply for the leading National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) Bursaries offers. Our platform helps to makemake Bursaries search easy and convenient for you.
National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) Bursaries
The NMISA bursary scheme grants undergraduate and post-graduate bursaries at any accepted South African university. Bursaries are offered in specific fields of study including
NMISA bursary covers full costs of registration and tuition, accommodation fees and stipends for textbooks and necessary requirements. NMISA also provides vacation work opportunities for bursary holders in order for the students to work experiences. Upon graduation, the bursary holders will be required to work for NMISA for a period equivalent to every year sponsored by the bursary scheme.
About National Metrology Institute of South Africa
The National Metrology Institute of South Africa ( NMISA) started in 1947 when the first calibration records were issued at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) offices in Pretoria. On May 2007, NMISA was established as a new public entity that is independent of CSIR.
NMISA is now part of the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) Technical Infrastructure (TI) family. DTI funds most of NMISA’s activities. NMISA’s main purpose is to promote South African trade beyond borders. It is also responsible for the development, maintenance and distribution of national measurement standards for the country.
NMISA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African Citizens
- Good academic records
- Proven financial need
- Undergraduate students who are registered full-time at an accredited South African university in any of mentioned Engineering and Science degrees
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the NMISA Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Attach certified copies of the following documents to your application form:
- Latest academic results (Grade 11 and 12, University records)
- Updated CV
- Send complete applications to either of the following methods:
- Post: Private Bag X 34, Lynnwood Ridge 0040
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 086 756 3451
31 July annually