TANZANIA OPEN PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND APPRAISAL FORM (OPRAS FORM)
The Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (OPRAS) is an open, formal and systematic procedure designed to assist both employers and employees in planning, managing, evaluating and realizing performance improvement in the organization with the aim of achieving the intended organization goals.
The aim is to discover, evaluate and document the potential and shortcomings of individual performance to enable measures to be taken for improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the gov performance as a continuous process.
This OPRAS FORM replaces all other appraisal forms in the Public Service Institutions. It is intended to meet the requirements of the performance management system and development process.
NOTES ON HOW TO FILL OPRAS FORM:
- This Form must be filled by all employees in the Public Service Institutions. For principal officers and above, at the end of the year, once fully’ completed, the original should be sent to the Permanent Secretary (Establishments), duplicate to the respective Head of organisation and triplicate to the public servant concerned. All other employees (senior officers and below) original copy should be sent to the Chief Executive Officer of the organization, duplicate to the parent ministry of the specific cache and the triplicate to the public servant concerned.
- Where appropriate, each box shall cany only one letter or figure. Letters to be in capitals.
- Personal/Agreed objectives are derived from the Organisation’s work plan (Strategic plan. Annual operating plans or Action plans) and are expected to be implemented in the ament year.
- Sections 2. 3 and 4 of tliis Form shall be filled by the Appraisee in consultation with the Supervisor and sections 5-6 in the presence of a third party if necessary.
- Please note that appraisals that are rated as 1 are the best performers and appraisals rated as 5 are the worst performers. These should be brought to the attention of top management and usually to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer of their respective Organisation.