PPC Bursary South Africa 2020-2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPC
PPC Ltd, a top southern African supplier of cement and related products, was formed in 1892 as “De Eerste Cement Fabrieken Beperkt”. The company has a production capacity of approximately 11.5 million tonnes of cement products each year and has produced cement for numerous construction projects and famous landmarks within the country.
The company has 11 cement factories throughout South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Rwanda, Ethiopia and the DRC. PPC involvement within the readymix sector now boasts 26 batching plants across in Mozambique and South Africa. The companies materials business includes the following: Pronto Readymix; Safika Cement and 3Q Mahuma Concrete.
What more, the company also has the biggest aggregate production capacity in the country, at their Gauteng based Mooiplaas aggregates quarry. PPC Lime, also part of the PPC group, is amoung the biggest producers of lime in the southern hemisphere.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The PPC bursary will be awarded to students within the following Mining related fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- (as well as Environmentally-oriented degrees)
It is a full bursary, providing coverage for the following study related expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and meals.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for PPC (depending on availability within the company) for an equal duration of time as the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in surrounding areas where the mine operates
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Meet the minimum entry requirements for admission at tertiary institution in your chosen field of study
- Engineering, Geology and Science degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the PPC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.