The Royal Thai Embassy/the University of Leeds in the UK is currently offering Scholarship to those applying to study a Masters by Research (MAR) degree starting in October 2020.
Leeds is recognized as a global centre for research in the arts and humanities, achieving 70th in the world for Arts, Humanities and Cultures QS World Rankings by Subject 2019, and with a consistent record of performing exceptionally in UK measures of quality, excellence and impact. As one of the largest and most diverse arts and humanities faculty in the UK, our research projects range widely by period, geography and theme but are united by their focus on innovation, academic rigour and global reach.
They conduct interdisciplinary and impact-orientated quality research to address challenges at regional, national and global levels. To achieve this our research is user-led and solutions-focused, driven by the needs of our partners and stakeholders.
Worth of Award
- The winner will receive £15,000, this will cover fees at the Home/EU rate (£4,600) and monthly maintenance to include expenses incurred during the fieldwork period in Thailand.
- The Scholarship is open to full-time (12 months) or part-time (24 months) applicants (part-time payments will be scaled pro-rata).
- The winner will be expected to take an active role in research activities within the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies and to contribute to the promotion of postgraduate study in the School via support at Open Days (once or twice per year) and by maintaining an up-to-date researcher profile on the School website.
- This Scholarship will include a period of fieldwork in Thailand of up to 6 months.
- Applicants to research degree programs should normally have at least a first-class or an upper second class British Bachelors Honors degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline.
- The criteria for entry for some research degrees may be higher, for example, several faculties, also require a Masters degree.
- Applicants are advised to check with the relevant School prior to making an application.
- Applicants who are uncertain about the requirements for a particular research degree are advised to contact the School or Graduate School prior to making an application.
How to Apply
- They require a Masters by Research Application and Royal Thai Embassy/University of Leeds Scholarship by the deadline.
- If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the School’s minimum English language requirements (below).
- They welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates.
- All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
Deadline: Applications close on June 17th, 2020 by 17:00 UK time